Jobs West is an employment program for adults with a developmental disability. Our staff works together with program participants to find and maintain work placements within the community . Work options include volunteer, work experience and paid employment.
The program is funded by Community Living B.C. and works on a continuous intake basis. Semi-independant skills are required for success in the program and in the community work placements. Our services include pre-employment skills, referrals to colleges, workshops, skills assessment, other community resources and empoyment support.
What Jobs West can do for you
- Skills Development
- Assess your work skills
- Career awareness and exploration
- Resume Preparation
- Develop a job search plan
- Provide assistance and training with job search skills
- Support individual "self directed" job search
- Assist with job interviews an interview skills
- Market job seekers for volunteer opportunities that match interests and abilities
- On-the-job training
- Support workplace accommodations if necessary
- Follow-up support
- Retraining if the job description changes dut to promotion or reogranization
- Referrals to colleges and other community resources
- Advocate and support the rights of individuals to actively participate in the community.
Potential Job Seekers
Download a copy of our Jobs West Client Handbook (pdf)
How can you apply?
Potential applicants are referred to Jobs West through the Vancouver office of Cummunity Living B.C.
For more information, contact the Jobs West program manager Delia Tan at 604-732-7776.